- I just skipped right over the post for yesterday. I’m really good about using nap time on either Saturday or Sunday to get a few posts for the next week written. I’m bad actually sitting down throughout the week to fill in the gaps.
- Thank you for all of the feedback on my Paleo post. I had some great conversations on Twitter and through email about the post. I’m no expert but I love sharing what I know and what works for me. I have taken pictures of our dinners so far and maybe I can start doing some sort of menu Monday post of the previous week’s meals. I’ll even try to show you what I eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner and what I snack on throughout the day.
- Who’s wearing white after Labor Day? That would be me! White linen pants? I wouldn’t go that far but my white denim stays in the rotation until the temperatures drop. And I’m refusing to consider the 80+ degree days we’ve been having fall.
- We took BK fishing on Monday night with our neighbors and their son. She loved casting and reeling the fish in (with a little help, of course) but she wasn’t touching that fish. Allen just shakes his head and mumbles something about her being just like her mama in these situations.
- I’m a self professed anti-flowers and chocolate girl. Call me crazy but the large price tag that comes with a dozen long stems could be put to good use and applied to my shoe budget. However, I found myself wishing that Allen would send me flowers on Monday and it was a little strange when someone brought a big vase of roses down to my classroom. And? I felt pretty special. I may need to rethink my stance.
- At some point I have to finish decorating this house. Is decorating overwhelming to anyone else? I end up in the middle of the store thinking about every different room in my house and what that particular room needs. I need to refocus my attention on one single room. A trip to the furniture store may be in order this weekend to figure out a few things.
- I ordered BK a cute Auburn (I know, I know) from Ditsy Daisy Boutique on Facebook. We love how it turned out even if it is orange and blue. She also made BK’s cute first day of school shirt (with the crayon).
- Did I mention we have an anniversary date tonight? An actual get dressed up and eat somewhere fancy date? It’s been way too long and I’m ready for some adult conversation over a pricey filet.
- My Kindle won’t recognize the charger anymore. I’m not sure what happened but I went ahead and ordered a few books from Amazon this weekend. Next up for me, Gone Girl (which I mentioned last time), American Wife and Prep. I’ve heard great things about all three and I can’t wait to start reading them.