skinny jeans, the trend that almost wasn’t

I need to be honest with you and say, I really, really wanted the skinny jean trend to go away. I’m forever in love with my Seven, Dojo’s and their just right flair that hits the top of my foot just perfectly. I’m completely a creature of comfort and these worked so well for me, for so long. I waited, with hope that it would fade, it seemed like the skinny only grew in popularity. I took the plunge slowly, easing into the fad with a solo pair of skinnies that I pulled out of my closet occasionally to dress up with heels or to dress down with a cute pair of flats. Slowly my skinny jean hate diminished and I was incorporating them into my wardrobe on a weekly basis.

I never really took the time to seek out the perfect skinny, but my Express jeans aren’t fitting as well. I ordered a pair of the Old Navy Rock Star jeans and a pair of Paige denim leggings on the same day. My bank account was pleasantly surprised to learn that the I actually prefer the much cheaper pair. I’m not finished quite yet, there are a few other brands I want to try on in-store. I’ll be sure to update you on my findings.

This trend that I tried to dislike for so long has quickly evolved into one of my favorite trends.A necessary staple in my wardrobe. Here’s how I’ve been wearing them…

IMG_1839

Top: Anthropologie, Jeans: Old Navy RoackStar; Frye Melissa Button boots.

IMG_1841

Top: Old Navy, Scarf: Charlotte Russe; Jeans: Old Navy Rock Star; Frye Melissa Button boots

IMG_1847

Top: Francesca’s; Cardigan in navy: Cotton On; Old Navy Rock Star skinnies; Tory Burch Reva flats

I also did something else I thought I would never do and bought a pair of colored skinny jeans. I’m still not sure I can pull them off but I’ve worn them once and I even took a picture to prove it:

photo 2

Top: Gap; Jeans: Gap Outlet; Tory Burch Reva flats

There you have it, proof that I fell victim to the skinny jean trend and have no desire to come back from the dark side.

What’s your favorite trend in fashion right now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
FacebookTwitterPinterest

Comments

1. says

I love skinny jeans! I think they look so cute w/ flats or tall boots. I wear my exclusively for over a year now! I have the brand “jag” and love them b/c no button or zipper on front. So when you wear a fitted shirt it lays flat. You can get them at Nordstrom.
    Jodi recently posted..Things I (don’t) Love ThursdayMy Profile

2. says

I love the skinny jeans from kohl’s made my Elle! A friend told me about them and I was skeptical at first but I usually don’t find things at Kohls but I took the plung and surprisingly love them and own 3 pairs now! They have several colors of denim and black too! Check them out!

3. says

Yeah…I have a serious problem with skinny jeans. After waiting what felt like forever to embrace the “trend,” I have become a cult follower. I have a mint pair and a tangerine pair that I LOVE and while I do have several denim pair ranging in price, my absolute favorites are by AG. You will never want to take them off!

All of your outfit pictures were super cute!

4. says

Old Navy Rockstar skinnies are a fave of mine…hate that I have to go up 2 sizes, but they feel fantastic! And the Frye boots?? LOOOOOVVVVE them! So much that I bought them in both cognac and black! One of my best fashion investments ever! :)

5. says

Oh, and skinny cords are great, too! I found 3 pairs at JCPenney’s in their new JCP brand. Very friendly for a woman’s shape, as opposed to a teenage girl’s.

6. Emily says

I love the Rockstar jeans! They are seriously so comfy, it’s almost like wearing leggings. I’m just glad scarves are sticking like they are, I’m five years into that trend and refuse to let go. I’ll be in the nursing home wearing scarves thirty different ways and covered in broaches.
    Emily recently posted..What’s in your bag // Teacher Bag EditionMy Profile

7. says

I resisted for a long time too but I love me some skinny jeans. I get the JCP brand ones from JCPenney. Old Navy’s are cute but too short in the torso for me.

I have a pair of red cord and orange cord skinnies, but I haven’t felt comfy doing lots of jeans in them because I would rarely wear them.

My favorite current trend is ankle pants, though. LOVE!!! so classic and fun!
    Andie recently posted..Palmolive Fresh InfusionsMy Profile