I can’t believe it’s almost been a year since I posted about the Date Night Jar. I thought it was due for a little update, a few more dates in each of the categories (inexpensive dates, at-home date nights, and the more expensive variety) and I have an exciting new project coming to the blog.
I wanted to take some time to answer a few of the questions that I get emailed on a frequent basis. I try to respond to them all, but if I missed you, I apologize. Maybe this will help. If I still don’t answer your questions, e-mail me or leave it in the comments.
- The Date Night Jar mentions Auburn games. Yes, that is Auburn University in Alabama. I had no idea just how many Auburn fans there were until I started hearing from y’all. I’m sorry if I disappointed you by revealing my true colors. We are a house divided, but I proudly wear orange and blue when the time is right and am up for a game any Saturday. I just choose crimson and white on the third Saturday in November. Any other day, I’m happy see a Tigers victory.
- How did it get so popular on Pinterest? I have no idea. Honestly. I will tell you this, I would’ve got a mani and wrote a little neater if I knew I’d be seeing it so many times. Always be prepared, lesson learned. If I did know the formula for Pinterest success, I would apply that same strategy to blog posts more often. I think one of the reasons it is pinned so often is because everyone can relate. Young, old, married or dating. We apparently all struggle with indecisiveness, letting date nights become obsolete or falling into a routine where we eat at the same places or do the same things each time. For us, it’s been a good change. We’ve gone to concerts and some of our favorite pre-baby dinner spots, I feel like we’ve been more spontaneous, too.
- Can I use your pictures? Can I blog about this on my blog? You can find information (probably more than you ever wanted to know) on usage by clicking the About tab, at the top of the header. Basically be inspired, but don’t copy and paste the post and put it on your blog. The Internet already has my version. I’m sure I wasn’t the first slightly-OCD, completely indecisive, sleep-deprived wife, who thought of a crafty excuse to get dressed up and get out of the house on a regular basis. I read each and every single post you guys send me where you created your own jar. I love it when you put your own spin on it and I love to see all of the different ideas you come up with.
- Are you going to update the dates? Yes. Today. Keep reading.
Look at that!! Brand new dates. I used some of the sticks we had already used (this past years dates) and put them back into the mix with a new date idea on the opposite side. Here’s what I added:
- Light Pink- Less expensive dates.
- Picnic at the park (the last time we went on a picnic, Allen asked me to marry him, it has been awhile)
- Early morning breakfast date
- Paintball Park (we just had on open near us and it looks so fun)
- Red- These dates are more expensive and require planning
- Weekend beach trip
- Dinner at the view and a night at The Winfrey
- Restaurant Hop (Apps at one restaurant, main course at another and dessert at a third restaurant)
- Dark Pink- At home dates
- Make a Bucket List
- Re-watch our first date movie (that would be the remake of Starsky & Hutch)
- Take out and Scrabble (because I am a nerd and the thought of playing Scrabble truly excites me)
I also updated that tag! I’ll have a printable of that tag (and a few more), soon.
This weekend, there were no date nights. I had a rare Saturday morning all to myself and I finally finished a little idea I’ve been scheming about for months. You see all of those jars? The ease of the Date Night Jar has created a little decision-making-jar-monster. Not a scary one though, just one with a Mason jar obsession.
And that’s me. Up way too late putting the finishing touches on things. This week, I’m bring you a few more ideas and introducing you to a new series.
Hooray! I’ll be featuring guest contributors, hosting link-up’s for you to show off your creative ideas and introducing you to new ideas. It isn’t just a Date Night Jar anymore, y’all!