I wanted to quickly check-in with my monthly goals. I have to be honest and say that I have no idea where February went. It was a blur. I’m giving myself a little grace for the month of February. Eating on the go, spending most evenings away from home and only managing to fit Insanity in a few times makes me happy to see a new month come.
If you’re new, here’s a quick recap:
Instead of resolutions, I decided to set monthly goals for 2013. Goals that are specific and measurable. I used Stephen Covey’s Big Rocks idea as my foundation. You can see the post from January and a further explanation here.
For a quick recap these were the things I deemed to be my big rocks:
- Mental/Intellectual Growth
Here’s a list of goals for March, I’m going to be a little harder on myself and require a little more:
- Continue to read Jesus Calling and study my Sunday school lesson with Allen.
- Stay home more during the week, say “no” to some things when it takes us away in the evenings.
- Still sending snail mail, it has become one of my favorite things to do.
- I failed on arriving 20 minutes early for work each day, I’m going to make it my goal again this month.
- Insanity each day that I’m home. I’ll be in Dallas for a few days and I’m giving myself a pass, but for the others? No excuses.
- Read two more books this month.
And a few specific things I’d like to see accomplished this month:
- Clean out pictures on my computer and back up to a site and external hard drive.
- Blog each week day this month.
- Finalize all of BK’s birthday plans, complete projects for the party by the end of the month.