I missed last weeks edition of 5 on Friday, but I’m glad to be back this week for another round. I’m not sure where this week actually went, I’m actually a little surprised that it’s already here. Either way, it’s Friday and I have your weekly dose of random. You can link up with Darci and friends, too. Just click on the link below to hop over to Darci’s blog and see other 5 on Friday posts and link up.
1. Workout Clothes- My new found obsession with Pure Barre brought about an obsession with workout clothes, too. I was perfectly content in my Nike tempo shorts and oversized t-shirts, when I wasn’t actually working out. But when I started working out at the barre on a daily basis, I found a love for Lululemon and Splits 59. I picked up two tops from Lululemon and I’m obsessed with this red color. My favorite style right now is the Cool Racer tank. Now, I just need to know how I’m going to actually wear “real” clothes everyday once school starts back.
2. Pen-Obsessed Crystal recommended these pens to me, and she did not disappoint. I am in love with every single thing about this pen, and I haven’t used anything else since they came. I’m completely a creature of habit when it comes to things I love, so for me to make a switch like this, means they must be awesome. They’re the Staedtler Triplus Fineliner Pens and they write perfect.
3. Beach Photos At the beach, Brooke took some great photos of our little family. They are my favorite photos yet, and even though I just got them yesterday, I already have big plans for a fun canvas grouping on one of the many empty walls in our house. You can like Brooke on Facebook here.
4. Pearly Whites BK had her second dentist appointment on Tuesday. If you have a toddler you know how unpredictable they can be, things that don’t bother them one time, might send them screaming out the door the next. A missed nap can throw everything into a tailspin, you just never really know how things will pan out. BK is a sweet, sweet child, but she has her toddler moments like any other three-year-old. I try not to set any expectations when we go into things that are out of our norm, such as dentist appointments. Then, when she has an absolutely stellar visit, like she did on Tuesday, I am blown away and so very proud of her. We were in and out in a matter of 15 minutes, she was so well behaved that everyone kept coming by and commenting on her behavior. In addition to her stellar behavior, she also received a great report about her teeth. It was a perfect second dentist visit.
5. Back to school threads. I ordered BK an adorable shirt from Ditsy Daisy Boutique, she’s still taking back to school orders. I love everything about the start of a new school year (except for the fact the it signals the end of summer). The school supplies are out and I’m a happy camper as I think about the fresh possibilities this school year will bring.