I’m up a few hours later than normal writing this post and having a cup of decaf (why do I even bother?) coffee. I have a doctors appointment this morning, so I have a sub for the first half of the day. I’m thinking I could get used to this leisurely morning thing. What better thing for a lazy Wednesday morning than a lazy post full of random thoughts?
- Tomorrow marks 37 weeks for me. It’s a little surreal at this point, especially since I won’t go very far past 39 weeks this time. We have a c-section scheduled and on the books and I thought that might lessen my stress a bit, but it only makes me a little more anxious. I debated about taking a few days off before the c-section, and eventually decided to go for it to have a little time at home with Braylen before the new baby arrives. I am so thankful that I did, next week will be my last week to work and I’m counting down the days.
- BK is obsessed with snow cones lately and I don’t mind one bit. I’m always secretly hoping she’ll ask for one when we drive past the snow cone stand.
- Baby boy almost has a fully decorated nursery. If I can decide on a rug and get a few more things on the walls, we’ll be set. And if that doesn’t happen in the next two weeks? We’ll still be set. He’ll never know if we finish after his arrival.
- We have a special birthday this weekend. BK turns 4! I can hardly believe that she’ll be four, but this is the best age, so far. Yes, I’ve said that at every stage! We’ll celebrate with a birthday party at the zoo on Saturday and a party for family at our house on Sunday (her actual birthday). I’m excited for a weekend of celebrating our sweet girl.
- Speaking of birthdays, Allen picked up a new bike for her on Monday evening. He takes her to MDO on Tuesday and Thursday, so you can imagine her surprise when she spotted her birthday present in his truck on Tuesday morning. They both tell me the conversation went something like this:
- BK: “Dad! You got me that big girl bike!”
- Allen: ”No, that’s just a picture of a bike.”
- BK: “A picture of a bike on a box? Because there’s a bike in the box?”
- Allen: “Can you just act surprised on your birthday?”
- BK: “Well, if you don’t want people to see their presents you have to wrap them up with wrapping paper.”
- In my head, I think I’m going to have tons of time after this baby arrives to watch DVR’ed shows and catch up on new series via NetFlix. Don’t ruin this for me, let me live in bliss for a little while even if my thinking is way off. I have The Good Wife on my list, but what other shows should I add? If it helps, Scandal and Grey’s are the only two other things I watch currently.
- Or books? Maybe I’ll actually read a book or two. Any good recommendations? I just finished The Antelope in the Living Room.
- Oh, and this happened yesterday too.
Well, I’m off to my weekly appointment, and we all know how fun those are! Hope you have a happy Wednesday!