Here we are again, another month. This might have been the quickest month yet. You’re more alert these days and you lock eyes with me and give me the biggest smile so many times during the day. You coo and make the cutest baby noises, you move your mouth in funny ways to get the sounds to come out. We always laugh because it looks like you’re trying so hard to tell us something. You love your big sister, and she adores you, too.
You have your fair share of content days, and we don’t have to guess what you want when you’re fussy. You only get mad when you’re are hungry or tired. Feeding you or getting you to sleep will always solve your problem.
We love you so, baby boy. You make our days sweeter and our hearts fuller.
- Eating- you eat every 2.5-3 hours during the day. You go down for bed after eating around 9:00, some nights you sleep until around 6:00 AM and sometimes you still wake up around 2:30 (like clock work), you sleep until 9:00 after your 6:00 AM feeding. Then your schedule is consistently eat, play, sleep for the rest of the day. We follow Moms On Call and it works like a charm, except for the whole your still not sleeping through the night thing.
- You started sleeping in your crib, with the sound machine on.
- You love to be rocked.
- Your head control is excellent and you try your hardest to get out of tummy time by rolling over, but we’re not quite there yet.
- You still love bath time.
- You love the mamaroo, your swing, your kick and play, and a recent new addition is the Fisher Price seat that you like because you’d rather be sitting up. You hit at your toys and try your hardest to grab them.
- You’re still exclusively nursing, and doing so well.
- You’re still on the fence about the paci.
- You love to be talked to, you hold eye contact and coo and smile back at anyone who sits and talks to you. It’s still our favorite thing to do.
- You weigh between 13 and 14. We’ll find out for sure at your next appointment.
- You wear a size 2 diaper (but not for long) and 3-6 month clothes.
And here’s a quick look back at the past three months:
And a comparison with your sister at 3 months, I see a few similarities.