- You can see an updated Date Night In A Jar post here.
- Check out the entire Stick It In A Jar series, here.
- Be sure to “like” Life In The Green House on Facebook to stay up-to-date on all of the date night jar happenings, new dates and other fun jars, coming soon. Thanks for visiting!
Back to the point of this post, Allen and I opted for new clothes and weekend trips this year for V-Day. He’s going fishing this weekend and I’m going to Blissdom next weekend. BUT, I thought, why don’t I do something creative and inexpensive for him so that he can have something on Valentine’s day. I thought perhaps a date night at home bag, I’ve seen those “pinned” all over the place recently. You know, a movie, popcorn, coke, candy, all in a cute little bag and ready for “date night” at home? Well, in the midst of searching for those I came across this cute idea for “Date Night In A Jar.”
I tweaked it just a little and created this “Date Night In A Jar” for Allen. Okay, and for me too I’m thinking this will help in a major way when we can’t decide what we want to do and neither of us wants to make the decision. Hence the reason I talked about my indecisiveness up there in the beginning.
I started with just a plain mason jar with a wide mouth. Little known fact, I have about a million mason jars in my laundry room. My grandmother cans veggies and such from the garden each year and her only request is that she gets the jars back for next year. That’s right, we aren’t mentioning to her that I used one for a craft project
I used big popsicle sticks and spray painted them different colors. Each color represents a different type of date (and each color is explained on the tag) and the white sticks were used as fillers.
Red sticks have more expensive dates on them that require planning on our part.
- Bed and Breakfast
- Dinner at a fancy restaurant
- Hotel stay for the night
- Auburn home game and away game
- Concert and dinner (his choice)
- Concert and dinner (my choice)
- Weekend away
- Coupes Massage
Dark pink sticks have “at home” dates:
- Chopped Challenge (like the television show on FoodNetwork)
- Fondue and Almost Famous
- Takeout and board games
- 1,000 piece puzzle and pizza
- Football game and nachos
- Popcorn and a chick-flick
- Crosswords and breakfast for dinner
- Make a dessert together
- Friday Night Lights marathon
- Homemade pizzas and an Italian movie
Light Pink dates have things we can do away from home but are less expensive than the red and don’t require as much planning.
- Dinner and a movie (my choice and his choice)
- Laser tag and go carts
- Mexican night at Cocina Superior
- Drive-In date
- Dessert only date
- Window shopping for the house
- The Melting Pot
- Coffee Date