date night in a jar

Update:

• You can see an updated Date Night In A Jar post here.
  • Check out the entire Stick It In A Jar series, here.
  • Be sure to “like” Life In The Green House on Facebook  to stay up-to-date on all of the date night jar happenings, new dates and other fun jars, coming soon. Thanks for visiting!
Hi, I’m Jennifer and I am the most indecisive person you will ever meet. I’m over think things so choosing between two places to eat on Sunday afternoon when church lets out is something I try to avoid every single week. Why? Well, because I take many things into consideration. Who’s going with us? Will they like it? Did they eat this type of food yesterday? Will there be a wait (I have a toddler, you know)? Am I on a diet this week? Those are the first set of questions that go through my head. Did I also tell you I’m completely ADD? It’s a horrible combination when each time I over think something my ADD kicks in and it leads me on a different path. Like right now, I’m way off base.

Back to the point of this post, Allen and I opted for new clothes and weekend trips this year for V-Day. He’s going fishing this weekend and I’m going to Blissdom next weekend. BUT, I thought, why don’t I do something creative and inexpensive for him so that he can have something on Valentine’s day. I thought perhaps a date night at home bag, I’ve seen those “pinned” all over the place recently.  You know, a movie, popcorn, coke, candy, all in a cute little bag and ready for “date night” at home? Well, in the midst of searching for those I came across this cute idea for “Date Night In A Jar.”

I tweaked it just a little and created this “Date Night In A Jar” for Allen. Okay, and for me too I’m thinking this will help in a major way when we can’t decide what we want to do and neither of us wants to make the decision. Hence the reason I talked about my indecisiveness  up there in the beginning.

I started with just a plain mason jar with a wide mouth. Little known fact, I have about a million mason jars in my laundry room. My grandmother cans veggies and such from the garden each year and her only request is that she gets the jars back for next year. That’s right, we aren’t mentioning to her that I used one for a craft project ;)

I used big popsicle sticks and spray painted them different colors. Each color represents a different type of date (and each color is explained on the tag) and the white sticks were used as fillers.

Red sticks have more expensive dates on them that require planning on our part.

• Bed and Breakfast
  • Dinner at a fancy restaurant
  • Hotel stay for the night
  • Auburn home game and away game
  • Concert and dinner (his choice)
  • Concert and dinner (my choice)
  • Weekend away
  • Coupes Massage

Dark pink sticks have “at home” dates:

• Chopped Challenge (like the television show on FoodNetwork)
  • Fondue and Almost Famous
  • Takeout and board games
  • 1,000 piece puzzle and pizza
  • Football game and nachos
  • Popcorn and a chick-flick
  • Crosswords and breakfast for dinner
  • Make a dessert together
  • Friday Night Lights marathon
  • Homemade pizzas and an Italian movie

Light Pink dates have things we can do away from home but are less expensive than the red and don’t require as much planning.

• Dinner and a movie (my choice and his choice)
  • Laser tag and go carts
  • Mexican night at Cocina Superior
  • Drive-In date
  • Dessert only date
  • Window shopping for the house
  • Bowling
  • The Melting Pot
  • Coffee Date
And a little key on the back of the tag for the colors.
I’m so excited about this and it eases my indecisive mind for sure. Plus, it’s a cute little craft to sit on the desk in the bedroom :)
What’s your favorite date night idea?

Comments

1. You are so creative! I love this!

2. What a great idea! Going to dig out a jar now. :)

3. Love, love, love this idea!!

4. Jennifer- you never cease to amaze me!! Seriously!!! This is absolutely genius!!! I am also a very indecisive person and now I think I will be making one of these for the hubs as a belated valentines day gift!! I love it!!! Thank you!!! Xoxox

5. What a fabulous idea! I’m actually pretty excited I found your idea because it’s a craft project I can actually accomplish :)

6. What a great idea!! I think I’m going to have to borrow this. :)

And I want to hear more about this Chopped game! Sounds like something my husband would be all over!

7. This is so cute Jennifer! I’m sure the husby loved it! Also, I can 100% identify with the first paragraph of your post. Nice to know I’m not the only one! :)

8. What a great idea!!!!!! I LOVE THIS!!!! I need to do this for us. Seems like when we do get out without child, we really don’t know what to do with ourselves. This would remove all guess work! PERFECT!!!!!

9. What a fantastic idea! I love it. I really need to do this for us. We have been bad about not getting out since we had Mason. This would really help us.

10. This is so fun!

11. what a great idea!

12. Im in the process of making one of these too!! I love yours..you did such a wonderful job!! Crafty momma;)

13. I lovey love love this idea! So clever!

14. this is so cute! omg! I love it I wish I had done something like this!

15. This is such a great idea!! :)

16. Eek! I absolutely love this. I wanted to let you know that I mentioned it on my blog here: http://jalafrye.blogspot.com/2012/02/dating-your-way-in-love.html

So fun!!
    Lindsay Frye

17. LOVE this idea! I too don’t like to make decisions and think of everyone else before me when it comes to making them. This is an idea I can actually do!

18. I love this so much. My DH and I are in desperate need of date nights and working on our marriage and this seems so perfect to help out with that. I would love to know what you do for the Chopped Challenge. That is one of our favorite shows.

19. Great idea, but out of curiosity, do you guys have guidelines as to when or how often you choose a stick? Do you rotate between red, dark and light pink, or is it all left to chance? @Mommy2Maddox – I too want to know about the Chopped Challenge date!

20. Guidelines? Really? You want RULES for date night?

I really think that your husband/boyfriend is digging for a stick that you probably did not put in the jar. It is the only stick he is looking for, hoping for, dreaming about. “No Pants Friday”

• Anonymous says:

Wow….classy.

• Anonymous says:

Real fucking nice, I REALLY think people want to read about that shit.

• Anonymous says:

Dont be asshole, dont like the idea then dont do the jar. You dont need to insult her and her husband, fucking dick.

• LOL. I think the “No Pants Friday” stick is a clever idea. Imagine his face when he pulls THAT stick and wasn’t expecting it. You can say something like “Oh, how did that get in there? Well, pull another one and we’ll do both!”

21. I can’t believe that I FINALLY decide to start dabbling in this obsession called Pinterest, and the in the FIRST craft I click on I see Auburn! My heart did flips. WDE! My husband and I are stationed in Kansas and can’t WAIT to get back to Fort Benning. I am going to make this for his birthday next month. Thanks for the wonderful idea. BTW, I might be able to take you on as the most indesisive person in the world. :)

22. This is such a great idea! I am copying it!

23. I just found this post via pinterest. WHAT A GREAT IDEA! Every time we have to pick what to do on a date it becomes such a huge production and I am as well super indecisive. Not only am I copying this idea for myself and my hubby, you officially have a new follower!

24. This could also be used for a wedding shower gift. I love this idea!!

25. My mom had something like this as a chore list for my kids. She put a chore and payment on each stick. Thililt take take out trash $.50, water flowers $1.00 (she has lots of flowers), and anything else the boys might do at her house. If they wanted money for something they would work on the chore sticks and make as much as they offered, or as little as they needed. It was really a fun way for them to make money, and grandma got work done.

26. This is such a great idea! It’s hard not to go out and buy the stuff and start now! Thanks for the amazing idea!

27. Thanks! These are great ideas I can play with and create a system that works for us. A system helps so much when we’re indecisive, doesn’t it?

28. Love this idea!

Sam

29. LOve this idea thank you! Love the Melting Pot too!

30. I love this idea! I am working on doing this for my husband and my family. I am however going to change the white sticks from fillers, to date nights that include the entire family. Thank you so much for the fun and creative idea!

31. Anonymous says:

Instead of popsicle sticks i found color foam that is very similar to the sticks. that way i dont have to paint the sticks because they’re already in 5 different colors! i plan on making this for my boyfriend for our 2 year anniversary of dating together. We always get stuck on things to do. loveee this idea!

32. It’s so nice to find someone as indecisive & ADD as I am! Most people won’t admit it as freely as me…so it’s refreshing to see!

33. This is fabulous! I will make one for the hubby and I. But I will also make one for my daughter and son-in-law, who just had twins!!! Theirs will be one free night (or day) of babysitting, two hours of housecleaning so mom can bond (or sleep), I will bring them a homemade meal, etc…
    So cool~

34. This is such a cute idea! Love it.

my life. my love. my ramblings.

35. Anonymous says:

My husband and I have been married 32 years and are just a few months from being complete empty nesters but still working fulltime. I’m going to make this for him and hope it will solve our indecisiveness on what to do on a Saturday night.

36. Thank you for sharing this wonderful idea, I just finished making my date night jar with some changes. I did the same categories that you did plus another one, I added 20 blue and white stick with just restaurants on them, some new and some favorites, for when we just need to figure out what to eat! This was an awesome project, loved it!

37. I love your cute jar! I linked to it on our date night challenge blog:

Thanks for the inspiration!

38. I found your blog through Pinterest and love the idea of the date jar! I made one for my husband and I just blogged about it: http://simplysplendidlove.blogspot.com/2012/03/what-will-we-do-this-weekend.html. Thanks for the inspiration and wonderful date ideas!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

39. Anonymous says:

Found this through pintrest and love this idea! I will start making my own now :) Thank you soo much!

40. Anonymous says:

War Eagle!

41. Anonymous says:

Love this idea but I might make one with just restaurants – with 2 adults, 1 fussy teen and another fussy tween – picking a restaurant for a family dinner can be PAINFUL :-) I’ll use the same color sticks for all of us and then we each get to put the same number of choices in the jar so there aren’t any claims of favoritism…Thank you!

42. So cute!!!! I love this idea! My hubby is always trying to get me to go on more dates, but with a toddler that feels impossible sometimes. :) I think this will be a nice compromise!

43. Me and the hubby are making one together tonight! Such a cute idea!

44. Anonymous says:

Love this! Just made one….can’t wait to pick something!

45. Oh, this is so darn clever! I must show the husband and see if he will want to do one as well. Wish me luck on that. *lol*

46. So cute! Just pinned this – thanks! :)

47. I found this via Pinterest (as a stalker – I’m still waiting for my invite!) and immediately crafted my own version using a mason jar, chalk paint, and the tongue depressors! I LOVE IT! Great idea that both me and my husband are excited about!

48. That’s a great idea! I’m gonna have to create my own jar soon!

49. I’m a single mom with no plans for date nights soon for me, but I love this idea and may use it with my little princesses. Very fun.

50. I’m a single mom with no plans for date nights soon for me, but I love this idea and may use it with my little princesses. Very fun.

51. Love this wonderful idea. Thank you so much for sharing with us :)

52. Every time we watch “Chopped” on TV, I tell my hubby we should do that!

53. Holy Crappola! Are you in Winnipeg? I love, love, love The Melting Pot.

54. Genius! Love it- excellent idea for overcoming indecisiveness! Thanks!

55. I really like this. My husband is deployed and we’re starting one now so when he gets back we will have a jar full of fun to pick from. He emails me his ideas and I add them to the jar with mine. Thank you.

• Anonymous says:

That’s a great idea….. please let us know what your husband thinks after doing this idea, why he likes it or why he doesn’t??? Thanks

56. Anonymous says:

I started mine last night and will finish this evening. I used a mason jar, natural wood colored tongue depressors and a variety of fine tipped sharpie markers to draw the emblems of our favorite restaurants, pictures of date ideas like going to our local stock car race track or to our local casino (I drew part of a craps table and some dice). I was shocked at my own creativity. YAY! I’m doing this as a surprise and will be giving it to him tomorrow evening. I hope he likes it!

57. Anonymous says:

LOVE IT!! I will add this to my “jar” collections!!

58. Anonymous says:

Lol…. I see that the girls are loving this idea. I would like to know what the guys think of this idea????

59. Love this. My bf did something similar for me for my birthday except it was a box filled with different things corresponding to each activity. Like a mariners key chain, ad from a hotel, bag of popcorn, stuff like that. He also wrote a note explaining that I could bring one thing from each category when I came to visit since we are doing the long distance thing. I loved it and was so shocked that it came from him!

60. This is the most creative ‘date night’ project. I love the color coding, as our budget is constantly changing. Thank you for sharing

61. What an awesome idea! I hope you don’t mind but I’d love to share this on my blog, my husband and I write blog posts about Marriage every Mondays. This Monday we are talking about date night!

62. Anonymous says:

I LOVE that one of your red sticks is Auburn games!!! WAR EAGLE!!!
    -Amanda Jones

63. Great idea! It’s always hard to decide what to do.

64. Great idea! It’s always hard to decide what to do.

65. Anonymous says:

Roll tide! I had to say it. Great idea by the way. Thanks for the date suggestions. I’m really indecisive too, so I’ll be entertaining this crafty DIY project.

66. I came across this project on Pinterest. I am also very indecisive when it comes to anything! And, living far away from family, we don’t get many date nights. But I am starting to work on my own version of this as an anniversary gift for my husband. Thanks for such a great idea!

67. Thanks so much for this idea! My boyfriend and I are both very indecisive, so this is perfect for us! I plan on giving it to him for his birthday in a few weeks (along with some others things as well). I also added two extra sticks of each color for him to add in some ideas of his own. I can’t wait to see how much he likes this!

• I forgot to write that I also put mine in a flower pot rather than a mason jar because my boyfriend likes to garden! Just an extra idea if you need it!

68. Anonymous says:

I love this idea!! I am going to add another color for “new places” to include all of those restaurants,museums,etc.. That we would like to go to but can never decide when to go.

69. Anonymous says:

I love this idea! Thinking about doing “try something different” popsicle sticks like go to a restaurant never been to, or go to a concert that you don’t know the band or one i’ve always wanted to do “go to the airport and hop on the next flight for a weekend getaway” !

70. My wife and I LOVE and used this idea for her brothers wedding gift. We also went ahead and created http://www.datenightjar.com as an alternative.

71. Love it, Love it. This is such a good idea, why have I never seen it before, its so simple. Defo going to be starting this at the weekend.

72. I am LOVING this !! <3 Danielle – CraftPlayLove.com

73. Rachelle says:

I just made it! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Used this to get more ideas http://www.niftydateideas.com/index.html

74. OMG I just love this…thanks for sharing :)

75. where do i find Popsicle sticks if we do not eat any?

76. Anonymous says:

Yay! I already had different color popsicle sticks and a used glass peanut butter jar. My husband and I can never agree on what to do, this will be a great way to add variety to our relationship :)

77. I love this Idea!!!!

78. This comment has been removed by the author.

79. Just made my own today! Thanks for the amazing idea. I blogged about it at necklaceslaughterlove.blogspot.com

80. Anonymous says:

Thinking this would be fun to spice up the bedroom, too. Grab a stick and do what’s on it…different colors for he does and she does. And, no cost gifts he will love!

81. Heathre says:

So cute!

82. I added your Date Night Jar to my Date Night Idea post. I hope that’s ok! I love the jar idea!! Here is the link:

83. I just found this post/idea of yours and I LOVE it! I have been wanting to do something like this for a while now so that we aren’t always annoyed or to tired to come up with an idea and I think this is perfect!

Thanks so much for sharing!

84. stumbled on this @ pinterest, and I think we might be neighbors! ( in the scale of the internet).

85. Love this! I recently wrote about a “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” themed-date night that would probably be a “stay home” or “light pink” popsicle stick. I’d love for you to read it if you get a chance. Let me know if you ever need a guest post! http://wiseweddings.wordpress.com/date-nights/breakfast-at-tiffanys-date-night/

86. Anonymous says:

I love this idea!! I am going to make it this weekend!! Thank you!

87. Jennifer! I love this idea so much that it made its debut on my blog tonight (leannaranieri.blogspot.com). Thanks for such a great idea! I can’t wait to make one for the man in my life! Keep the ideas coming and thanks!

88. I had no thought that planning a bridal shower would use a lot of time but it was worth all the planning! I managed to locate an awesome bachelorette party scavenger hunt checklist and it supplied so much laughs, it was an wonderful night that we’ll remember forever! We customized our bachelorette party decorations with personalized quotes and pictures over at this web page…
    bridal shower

89. Hey Jennifer! I LOVE this idea!! How is it going so far? Do you still use this?

I am just like you I can never decide on what to do, I feel like people are always making me choose where to go and what to do! :)

My husband will enjoy this idea so he doesn’t have to listen to me freak out and try and decide what to do LOL :)

90. Anonymous says:

Brilliant! I was trying to figure out what to do for mine other half for a little side present to go with the big present I got him, and this works brilliantly! Oh, btw, WDE dearie. Current student right here.

91. Have to say this is a wonderful idea! I am now thinking of making one for Family Night (me, my husband, and son, as we have difficulty thinking of new things to do… Thanks for sharing.

92. Thanks for the darling idea! War Eagle! :)

93. This is cooler than shit! Finally, a way to make my husband think he’s not actually trapped in a soul killing marriage with me!

94. I just finished making this for our 5th anniversary! I love that it allows us to have a diversity of choices and helps keep our plans fresh. Also, it is great for getting some things off our bucket list in a really fun fashion. Awesome idea! So easy to make for a busy working girl!

95. What a great idea!! I am going to make this as an anniversary gift

96. What are the white sticks?? LoL. I Love the idea. Maybe I’ll do one for my husband for Christmas. I don’t know where you live, but the melting pot would def. be on the $$$ in our area! haha. Thanks for the ideas thought! :)

97. SOOOO doing this because everytime it comes to doing something my husband and I never agree on anything cause we always say we can do whatever lol! tired of that so this will be freat for us. Im also going to do a kids one for my daughter filled with different things to do for her as well. Thank you GREAT IDEA!!!!

98. found you on the internet while searching for great date night ideas….love it! Thanks!

99. What a great idea! Whenever my husband and I have a date night that doesn’t revolve around a specific event (a play, a movie, etc.), we spend the entire day trying to figure out what to do. I like that this has it already planned out! The “his choice” or “her choice” is also a good idea. It takes the pressure off and makes it obvious who gets to choose! Thanks for sharing your idea! (Found it on Pinterest.)

100. My grandson used to get upset at being left behind when Mommy and Daddy went out for a date night – until we explained he was also on a date night with Grandma and Grandpa. This would be good for our ‘date nights’ but include make popcorn & a movie, go to Barnes and Nobles for hot chocolate and looking at books, go to the zoo, flying kites, camping in the backyard, make cookies. For the joint custody or weekend custody parents, this could work too – Daddy & me, or Mommy and me jars.

101. War Eagle!

102. So, I put together a date night jar, but I am turning it into a “game” at my Best Friend’s bridal shower! I filled out one of each color as an example, and am letting the shower guests write their own date night ideas and names on the rest of the sticks. There is a set of instructions set up on the table so that everyone knows which color is which and they can fill out the sticks at their convenience throughout the day. I am not doing the following at my friend’s shower, but once everyone has filled out the sticks, you could have the bride vote for her favorite, and the person who wrote the winning stick could receive a prize! It is way more cute and fun than the traditional games they play at showers.

103. I just came across this on Pinterest, and I’m really excited about it. Not only am I going to make one for my husband and I, but I’m going to turn it into a Bridal shower activity for my sister’s shower! :)

104. Alexandra says:

Making these for my husband and other couple’s in our family as Christmas presents. Since we all live in the same city I have tailored some of the ideas and added some more. Here is my list. Thanks for the idea!
    $$ Dates (have more expensive dates on them that require planning on our part.)
    1. Dinner at a fancy restaurant
    2. Hotel stay for the night
    3. Bed and breakfast
    4. Couples massage
    Home Dates (Home dates require little planning and usually cost no money or very little.)
    1. Cook a new meal together
    2. Fondue over candle light
    3. Takeout and board games
    4. Football game and nachos
    5. Popcorn and a chick-flick
    6. Crosswords and breakfast for dinner
    7. Make a dessert together and eat it!
    8. Homemade pizzas and an Italian movie
    9. Pick a book from our shelves and read it out loud together
    10. Look through our wedding album or watch our wedding DVD (or some other photo album)
    11. Plan our dream vacation together while eating ice cream
    12. Listen to music and dance together
    $ Dates (These are dates that require a little planning, but not very expensive. Something you can do really any weekend.)
    1. Dessert-only date at Baker’s Crust
    2. Window shop for the house
    3. Go bowling
    4. Coffee date
    5. Try a new restaurant and/or cuisine
    6. Miniature golf
    7. Dinner and a movie (his choice)
    8. Dinner and a movie (her choice)
    9. Afternoon at the Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens
    10. Go get frozen yogurt at Sweet Frog
    11. Go ice skating
    12. Picnic and feeding the animals at Maymont
    13. Go see an IMAX film at the Science Museum
    14. Go to VMFA
    15. Go on a walk in the woods at the public park
    16. Go out for brunch

105. I did the Date Jar at our wedding! All of our guests grabbed some sticks and wrote down date ideas for us. We decided not to look at them, but to be surprised each time we drew one out! Looking forward to seeing what our friends and family came up with…
    Dalynn recently posted..Measure Twice (or Thrice), Cut OnceMy Profile

106. Found your super cute idea on Pinterest and clicked through. Love it! Gonna steal it and bookmark your blog!

107. this is so genius. I am totally doing this it would be perfect and so much fun for my husband and I! We can never decide where to go or what to do on date night & this takes the pressure off and makes it fun! LOVE

108. Brilliant idea. Love it.
    Brenda recently posted..Coffee along the Durbanville Wine Route – Part 2My Profile

109. Thanks so much! With a baby due in 6 weeks, the hubs and I were worried about not getting alone time, but this is a great way to make it happen! :) This will be a Christmas present for him.

110. What a great idea! I would give this as a wedding gift – how many newlyweds need this type of advice?

111. My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 1/2 years but have had a lot on our minds lately with finishing our degrees. I think this might by our saving grace and much needed way to settle on what to do considering we put so much pressure on the nights we do have together. I can actually keep a lot of the same ideas but I’m excited to come up with us-specific ones :D And who knows, now that we are done with finals, maybe he can help me make them! haha Thanks for sharing this! Best wishes!

-Monica

112. Bethany P says:

Thanks for the GREAT idea!!

113. This is such a cute idea!! And I absolutely love that it’s color coded – there are some great choices in there. I feel like I could use one of these even for my single life – when I know I SHOULD get out of my bed, but I really just am too lazy to make a decision. And there are things that I always forget – like rush tickets to the theater or orchestra. Maybe this would help me remember…
    Chrystina recently posted..a tribute to the baton rouge chorusMy Profile

114. We love playing Date Night Dare. You can find it at http://www.datenightdare.com. We complete the challenge and pass it on to someone else. It is really fun and affordable and most of the things you can fit into a super busy schedule like ours. It has a lot of ideas similar to these plus hundreds more. I can’t wait for the next set to release.

115. War eagle!

116. FutureMrsC says:

I’m making this for my wedding! I’ll do a couple examples for each category and let my guests fill in the rest. Lots of new ideas!

117. I loove this idea! We suffer from indecisiveness and spontaneity–I think this idea just saved our sanity!

118. LOVE this! Cannot wait to add some excitement, spontaneity & dates back into our marriage! I think I am going to do this for my son & DIL’s bridal shower or their wedding. HOW FUN!! Thanks :)

119. Hi Jennifer – Just wanted to let you know that I love this project idea. I’m getting ready to kick off Kathi Lipp’s “The Marriage Project” on 2/14 and am using this as a pre-project craft idea. I linked to your blog – thanks for sharing :)

Leigh

120. My Girlfriend just pinned this on pinterest last night. so i made her one today and will surprise her tonight. I think she is going to love it!

121. War Eagle! Wonderful idea, and I can’t wait to make it this week! :)

122. I can’t pull up your ideas. What some of the dates should be.

123. Jennifer would you believe this is the first time I’ve ever seen this post? I’m totally doing this with scott over the weekend. In fact, I’m pretty sure I have everything we need, too!
    Andie recently posted..Valentine’s Day: Our Engagement StoryMy Profile

124. Looks like a great idea! I would make something for “family outing out” with different things we’ve wanted to do in our city.
    BusyWorkingMama recently posted..Custom Command Center by #HandyHubby #WWMy Profile

125. My husband is 2 weeks away from a year long deployment to Afghanistan. I’m wanting to make some changes while he is gone and find new ways for us to have fun together without the kids. I saw this post and I seriously had to hold back tears! I love this idea-it sounds like so much fun and I think it will be a fun and easy way for us to make time for each other! I am so excited to start this when he comes home!!! Such a great idea!!!

126. I know this website offers quality depending content and other data, is there any other website
    which presents these stuff in quality?
    Greenhouse Plans recently posted..Greenhouse PlansMy Profile

127. Hey, did you use a pint jar or a quart jar? Thanks! Love the idea.

128. I do not write many remarks, but i did some searching and wound up here Date Night Jar.
    And I do have a couple of questions for you if it’s allright. Could it be only me or does it look like some of the comments come across like they are coming from brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are writing on other online social sites, I’d
    like to follow anything fresh you have to post.

Could you list of the complete urls of your public sites like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin
    profile?
    the hcg Diet Gourmet Cookbook reviews recently posted..the hcg Diet Gourmet Cookbook reviewsMy Profile

129. Love this! Doing one for hubby and me as well as for a couple as a wedding guft! Left blank for them to fill in :)

130. I loved your jar idea so much that I had to try my own! I mentioned you in my blog about it, & no worries I love giving credit where credit is due and you are so wonderful to provide such a helpful tutorial!
    Ester recently posted..Date Night in a Jar [My Spin Off]My Profile

131. How often do youvguys pull from the jar? I would like to make this kind of as an encourager for my husband but arewe talking weekly? Twice a week? Or twice a month?

132. This was a truly good read. I found myself enchanted, which is very rare.
    blogspot.com recently posted..blogspot.comMy Profile

133. WONDERFUL idea.
    making one.
    thank you!

134. Love this idea, we have 5 children. Thursday night has always been our night but some times the week gets so busy we can’t decide what to do! Thank you

135. I just loved your post and your idea so I did a post on my blog. http://thewhetmans.blogspot.com/2014/01/date-night-jar.html
    Thanks for sharing

136. I just loved your post and date ideas so I did my own at http://thewhetmans.blogspot.com/2014/01/date-night-jar.html

Thanks for Sharing
    Dancing in the Kitchen recently posted..Date Night JarMy Profile

137. I love this idea!!
    I’m going to try the date night jar and recipe jars – also might try a ‘Get Fit Jar’ too!

Trackbacks

1. [...] Date Night in a Jar – Cute idea with fun [...]

2. [...] To see the original idea, click here. [...]

3. [...] and I are in a bit of a rut so I thought I’d make this date night jar for ideas and inspiration. You know, since a trip to Vegas or Key West isn’t in the [...]

4. [...] up on gas, went grocery shopping, a trip to the post office, baking foccaccia bread, creating a Date Jar, running back to the grocery store for things I forgot, then running to Turkey Hill for something [...]

5. [...] wanted to make TGF a present for our One Year Anniversary, and decided to make something like the Date Night In A Jar made by Jennifer over at Life In The Green House. I wasn’t able to find popsicle sticks (my [...]

6. [...] have adventures, especially on the weekend. So, I decided to do something kind of silly and make a date night jar, as seen on [...]

7. [...] Life in the Green House for more samples of date night [...]

8. [...] lifeinthegreenhouse.com via Rachael on Pinterest This article was posted in From Rachael and tagged date idea, dating, [...]

9. [...] from Life in the Green House came up with this idea as an antidote to indecisiveness: a jar filled with popsicle sticks, each [...]

10. [...] by Life in the Green House. I used some of her dates and added some of my own. Spray paint fat popsicle sticks- I did red, [...]

11. [...] Date Night Jar – This is a fun idea that I found on Pinterest. Make a jar filled with popsicle sticks that each have a date idea on them and are color-coded for how much time/money they involve. When it’s time for a date night, y’all can just pull out a popsicle stick (say, a red one for an at-home, free date or a white one for a “fancy” night out) and the decision of what to do is made for you! [...]

12. [...] holiday season? Give your significant other a jar of dates! This clever idea came from the blog Life In The Green House. Fill the jar with popsicle sticks, sticky notes or even paper hearts that are written with [...]

13. [...] is one of my favourite DIY projects ever that fits in perfectly with planning time together. It is date night in a jar, from Life in the Green [...]

14. [...] a list of interesting date night ideas and follow through on [...]

15. [...] is one of my favourite DIY projects ever that fits in perfectly with planning time together. It is date night in a jar, from Life in the Green [...]

16. [...] number two is pretty exciting too: a Date Night jar! I got the idea from Pinterest a while ago, but last night we finally sat down and started writing [...]

17. [...] have to be extravagant things, just sharing time together. Inspired by a Pinterest find from Life in the Green House for date night ideas, I decided to make a pick and mix family fun jar full of activities for us to [...]

18. [...] Colour coded (indicating cost of exercise) date night ideas. Created by Mrs Green of Found at Life In The Green House [...]

19. [...] creating our own list of dates a few weeks ago. Here’s the tutorial link that I followed: Date Night in Jar by Life in the Green [...]

20. [...] originally found this idea on Pinterest and followed it to the Life in the Greenhouse website. Their ideas were to create a list of date ideas, color code the popsicle sticks into date [...]

21. [...] all else fails, you and your mate could pull from the Date Night Jar which consists of popsicle sticks scribed with date ideas that you guys crafted together prior to [...]

22. [...] Here is where I got my inspiration for this gift idea.  For those of you interested in at-home date ideas, I will be posting our dates for the month in a series titled “At-Home Dates.”  Be looking for the first post in the series sometime in the next week. [...]

23. [...] Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, but who wants to save all the fun and excitement for just one day?  Try making a date night jar to keep the love going all year round.  It’s an easy idea for couples looking to mix things up, or maybe you both are just indecisive about what you want to do.  I have a quick tutorial of how to make the jar, but it’s completely customizable.  This great tutorial comes from Life In The Green House. [...]

24. [...] other and I want to do something special. I decided to go with hand-made presents, specifically the Date Night Jar. My boyfriend and I didn’t really date, we just started a relationship (that’s a [...]

25. [...] night in a jar by Life in the Green House - This one might take some time to get together … if you’re just hanging in this [...]

26. [...] this idea for Valentine’s Day!  Maybe I can pull this together in the next few [...]

27. [...] was het concept hiervoor al een tijdje geleden tegen gekomen op een blog van ‘Life in the green house‘, maar nu heb ik er zelf een gemaakt. Als verjaardagscadeautje voor meneer Stoca (en ook [...]

28. [...] ideas? For date nights at home check out Kristen’s blog. For ideas coded by price check out Jennifer’s blog. For some more affordable ideas check out Emily Co’s post on Popsugar. For even more ideas [...]

29. [...] have the time but can't think of anything you'd like to spend your time on?  Well, how about a date night jar, where you can write down a long list of ideas, and draw a stick on those days that you just need a [...]

30. [...] When I saw Jennifer’s Date Night Jar I fell in love. My husband and I don’t get to do many date nights, but something like this could really be motivating and be a gift to last a year for both of us! Visit Life In the Green House for the Date Night Jar tutorial and date ideas. [...]

31. [...] can see the original post Here. In this idea, the pinner was looking for a solution for when she and her husband couldn’t [...]

32. [...] cute idea for date night and to keep that spark alive [...]

33. [...] can skip to the fun stuff. I looked at a lot of them while mining for unique date ideas, and I like this one the most because it has minimal frills and is done [...]

34. [...] Life in the Green House [...]

35. [...] I made a date night jar for two three reasons; 1. For when we just don’t know what to do, 2. Because money is going to be really tight with all the work we are getting ready to put into the house, 3. Because I needed to scratch something off my “Pintrest To Do List.” Here are the orginal blog post that inspired me here and here. [...]

36. [...] are my date ideas if you want to make your own (most ideas from The Poe Fam and Life in the Greenhouse, some from my own [...]

37. [...] lifeinthegreenhouse.com via Angela on [...]

38. [...] going to too much trouble.  Some of the more popular ways to randomly decide a date night is to pull craft sticks or labeled paper scraps from a can; however, I’ve also seen preassembled date night bags like [...]

39. [...] our favorite fandoms and a lot of sickeningly cute couples quotes. The link to the original idea is here and it’s also where I got the idea to color code our popsicle sticks based on how much money [...]

40. [...] loving this easy to create Date Night in a Jar idea over at Life in the Green [...]

41. [...] Mug’s birthday gifts. This date in a jar (found on Pinterest) is perfect for the couple who can never agree or think of what to do on date night (i.e. [...]

42. [...] a jar and fell in love. The tutorial I found most helpful came from an ingenious Jennifer over at Life in the Green House. The list Jennifer provided with Date Ideas was fantastically easy, and it took me all of thirty [...]

43. [...] Life in a Green House:  Date Night Jar [...]

44. [...] from Pinterest and found this cute idea from a blog on how to spice up your date nights: Date Night Jar. This little project was so easy for me to put together I already had the popsicle sticks and the [...]

45. […] and I are reinstating date night as of this week.  We are making this little project to help us stay committed to the idea during the crazy work weeks.  Make one with your spouse or […]

46. […] from Life in the Green House came up with this idea as an antidote to indecisiveness: a jar filled with popsicle sticks, each […]

47. […] out, movies, groups, etc. And one for just me and my main squeeze! Yeah! Follow the link- Life In The Greenhouse  (for their second post on Date Night Jars-click […]

48. […] from Life in the Green House came up with this idea as an antidote to indecisiveness: a jar filled with popsicle sticks, each […]

49. […] with me at beyonditspupose@yahoo.com, and I’ll feature a link back to your own website. Click here for my inspiration for doing this craft. Thanks for stopping by my little creative […]

50. […] cooked up for him, too.This year, he’s gonna be blown away by The Date Jar.I was inspired by this blogger to create a jar filled with date nights, one for every week in 2013. The popsicle sticks included […]

51. […] to do.  So when I stumbled upon this Date Night Mason Jar DIY on Pinterest, originally crafted by Life in the Green House, I thought this was an absolutely brilliant idea for us.  Daniel and I tend to be pretty […]

52. […] Date Night in a Jar from Life in the Green House […]

53. […] This idea and image was originally posted at Life in the Green House.  […]

54. […] and one for the hubs (thank goodness he doesn’t read my blog!). I got the idea for the jars here.  I liked her general ideas but of course had to change it up a bit to suit us better.   It was […]

55. […] Date Night in a Jar | Life in the Green House […]

56. […] Date Night Jar by Life In the Green House […]

57. […] Photo via Life In the Green House […]

58. […] How to Make a Date Night Jar: […]

59. […] have to be extravagant things, just sharing time together. Inspired by a Pinterest find from Life in the Green House for date night ideas, I decided to make a pick and mix family fun jar full of activities for us to […]

60. […] A wonderful way to show your loved one how much you value your time with them. Easy to make and really gets your creative juices flowing! Instructions can be found here! […]

61. […] here for the how-to details and materials necessary for making this jar.  I promise you, on the […]

62. […] try that place out” that never seem to come to be, well I saw a cute project on Pinterest by Life in the Green House that will definitely help us […]

63. […] but not having a ton of time to go shopping or pull off something spectacular, I decided to make a Date Night Jar. I’ve updated it this year, for the third year in a row and I must say that we’re truly […]

64. […] for a spouse, girlfriend or boyfriend. Take a Mason jar and fill it with colored wooden sticks with different date night ideas. I am totally going to do this for […]

65. […] here to :http://www.ohsimplethoughts.com/2013/08/diy-date-night-jar-52-almost-free-ideas.html and http://www.lifeinthegreenhouse.com/2012/02/date-night-in-jar.html for inspiration to start and for some of the […]

66. […] for a month or so, so I took ideas for dates and for the general idea of the jar from this post, this post and this post which I found on Pinterest (you can find me on Pinterest […]

67. […] So this thing… I saw on Pinterest… You’ve probably seen somewhere before as well because it’s brilliant. It’s the Date Night in a Jar idea. […]