I’ve fallen back in love with blogging in recent weeks. I’ve managed to snap out of my blogging funk, if I could just come up with a way to add about one more hour to each of my days, I’d really be getting somewhere. I realized that I haven’t really blogged about our life and what’s been going on since Christmas. A big catch-up is due, I’m going to attempt to give it to you in nice, pretty list.
- New Year’s Eve is quite different with a toddler but I’m confident that I wouldn’t have it any other way. She is the highlight of our days and her spunky personality keeps us laughing. Allen had a church function but BK and I stayed home and watched Aladdin. I let her chose dinner and she picked pizza and popcorn. Certainly a NYE to remember. We rang in the new year with silly faces.
- The weekend after Christmas BK came down with her first ear infection. Oh my, this was uncharted territory for us and if it takes her nearly three years to get another one, it will be too soon. Poor girl was miserable.
- BK has perfected her forward roll and this is how I find her most afternoons while we are hanging out in the playroom. She calls her flips, “jen-nastics.”
- We’re back to the lovely envelope system. Saving money is great, don’t get me wrong, but sometimes I just want to take a big chunk of that money and blow it without a second thought. It’s wishful thinking on my part, even if I could, I have the worst buyers remorse in the world. The envelope system isn’t quite as bad as I like to make it out to be when I discuss it with Allen. Actually, in my extremely competitive mind, it’s like a game that I need to win. And win, I will.
- My beloved Crimson Tide took home the National Championship against Notre Dame in the BCS Championship game for a second year in a row. Three in four years isn’t too shabby and I wore my houndstooth proudly.
- A week or two ago, I met up with a few of my best friends at The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. It’s always nice to catch-up with this group, we’ve been friends since we were 5, two decades and we can still pick up where we left out without a second thought. I think it’s a blessing to have one friend who sticks with you through the years, three is like winning the lottery.
- Part of Allen’s Christmas from me this year was a hunting trip. While he spent the weekend away, I spent some quality time with my favorite girl.
- We had a rare snow day last week. The white stuff is pretty foreign to us down here in Alabama. The threat of winter weather sends the entire state into a frenzy. Lucky for me, school was dismissed at 11:30 on Thursday and I headed straight to MDO to pick BK up. It was perfect timing and she was so surprised to see me. When I peeked into her classroom, she was watching the snow fall from the window. She watched it for a good part of the day from the playroom window, but she didn’t have much to do with it when it came to actually playing in the snow.
- Nanny Helen picked this cute little train kit up from Sam’s. I’m not sure that we’ve ever made something in the kitchen that had her this excited. I just couldn’t resist sharing this precious picture.
I’ve somehow managed to get in a good groove with my eating (I stayed away from the Rice Krispie’s train, I promise). I am determined to let 2013 be my year to get fit and healthy.
Happy Wednesday, friends!