It’s Friday, and to be more specific, it’s the last Friday of my summer vacation. Womp, womp, womp. I’m here with your weekly installment of Five on Friday, so let’s get right to it:
1. New Technology. It’s safe to say I’m a bit of an Apple snob. I love all things Mac, and I don’t plan on changing anytime soon. I switched service providers for my phone on Tuesday and upgraded to the iPhone 5. Let me just say, it is as wonderful as everyone says, I would upgrade just for the camera. Then, I learned that my iMac was out of date and I couldn’t get the necessary iTunes software without updating my operating system. I’ve needed a new computer for some time because of storage issues (taking too many pictures), so we just went ahead and made the purchase. Best decision ever, seriously, I am in love with my new computer. Definitely a great back to school present to me.
2. Garden Fresh I have a fantastic set of grandparents who grow an enormous garden and put up tons of garden fresh veggies for my little family. We have peas, green beans, tomatoes (perfect for making spaghetti sauces or using in chili), jellies, apple butter, and corn to last us until next season.
3. Classroom Prep Have I told you that I haven’t been able to get into my classroom all summer? No, really. ALL SUMMER. Our school is undergoing major renovations, so getting in to work on my classroom hasn’t been an option. It hasn’t stopped me from doing things at home, but now that the time is ticking away and the first day of school is literally right around the corner, I’m feeling the pressure. Our garage is serving as a temporary holding place, but when my Wal-Mart trips look like the photo below, it’s obvious these things need a more permanent home. On the flip side, I can’t tell you how excited I am about the changes, nothing like starting a new school year with the smell of new paint and new floors underfoot.
4. Stitch Fix My first Stitch Fix is coming today and I am so excited!! Have you signed up yet? I love that there is no obligation and they make shopping so easy and tailored to me. I’ll be sure to update you on the actual contents of my box.
5. Summer Fun My mom took us for a little summer fun on Monday. We told BK she could pick anywhere to go and she chose Chuck-E-Cheese’s. Hooray! Actually, she had never been before, the commercials are what grabbed her attention. Way to go, marketing department. We really did have a ton of fun, it wasn’t too crowded and she loved all of the games. What she didn’t like? That the mouse wouldn’t interact with her like the characters at Disney. You know, because this particular mouse doesn’t have an actual person living under the character suit.