This post originally appeared on Every Day Cheer, it is hands-down one of the easiest and most delicious pumpkin recipes you’ll make all fall, I promise!
Is anyone else ready for everything that Fall brings? I’m talking pumpkin, boots, and cooler temperatures. I’m ready to see the temperatures take a dive and get out of the upper 80’s and 90’s, the first sign of cooler weather and I’m pulling out the boots and scarves, you can bank on that fact. But, I’m not opposed to enjoying the tastes of fall, even if the weather wants to hang on to summer a bit longer.
Saturday morning, we baked up some delicious pumpkin muffins. They were filled with a sweet cream cheese mixture and topped with a cinnamon goodness, that you’re going to love. Even better? I used an easy pumpkin recipe for the muffin to make the process quick and easy.
Because when you need pumpkin, you need it quick!
And when I tell you these are delicious, I really mean that. As evidenced by the fact that my husband is a self-proclaimed pumpkin hater, and he ate three. Yes, three!
- ½ block cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 can pumpkin
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (cut into small pieces)
- Preheat your oven to 330 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese and sugar. Put in the refrigerator until it is needed.
- In a second bowl, combine pumpkin and spice cake mix.
- In a third bowl, combine sugars, cinnamon, and flour. Add the butter and cut into the dry mixture using two forks. Combine until the mixture is coarse and crumbly. It'll look like wet sand when it's ready.
- Line 12 muffin tin with liners. Fill each cup with a small amount of muffin batter. You really want to just fill it enough to ensure the bottom is covered. Split the cream cheese mixture amongst the 12 cups and add it on top of the batter. Then, use the remaining batter to cover the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle a small amount of topping over each muffin.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Enjoy!! Side note: I think they're even better the next day!