I have an extra set of hands around here today, so I’m actual going to try to get a blog post for each day this week. Lately, I can only make it to Wednesday before falling behind. These days, I have to do things in 30 minute increments (or so it feels).
- I started another strict round of Whole 30 today. I’ll go ahead and say I plan on eating a couple of cheat meals when we go to the beach in two weeks, but nothing over the top. I thought it would be better to start a strict round of Whole 30, rather than eating what I want to for the next month just because of a beach trip.
- We went to the lake Sunday evening and had the best time doing nothing. BK especially loves the lake, she things it’s fun to find sea shells. Judson just loves to be outside, and he’s happy the whole time!
- Jud is rolling over from front to back and back to front. It’s put a real kink in his sleeping, especially nap taking. He rolls around in his crib, gets his arms stuck, gets mad. So naps are shorter and he’s a little more fussy during the day while we figure this whole mobile thing out.
- I was nominated for the ice bucket challenge while I was recovering from my wisdom teeth extraction, I finally took the plunge and completed the challenge at the lake yesterday. Braylen decided she wanted to take part in the fun, but specifically requested no ice.
- I’m a lover of fall and spring, the milder seasons, but I can’t bring myself to get hyped for fall just yet. Not until the temperatures decide to come out of the 90′s and not until I see my beloved Gulf Coast. It’s iced coffee, sandals, and shorts around here for at least a few more weeks.
- But, I am ready for the return of a few of my favorite fall shows! I need a little Olivia Pope in my life.
- Football season kicked off this past weekend and my husband was especially happy. I’ve been scheming and trying my hardest to get him to let me turn our back porch into an outdoor living area. He finally agreed when I mentioned it would be great for football watching this fall. We’re still waiting on curtains, but I can already tell we’ll be spending a good bit of time out here.
- Let me tell you about the cutest tennis shoes ever. BK’s school requests that they wear tennis shoes (obviously for safety reasons on the playground), so we found the cutest pair of glittery Puma’s and she wants to wear them everywhere we go!
- I haven’t read a good book since before Jud was born. I need a few good recommendations for beach reads. Anyone read anything lately (or this year) that they love??