I’m starting out the 12 Days of Christmas series with one of my favorite crafts for children. It is incredibly easy, so easy that I do it with my Kindergartners. They make the perfect keep sake for years to come. There’s a printable tag to attach if you want to give these as gifts (just scroll down to the bottom).
- ornaments (I use the shatterproof, because I would like to keep them around for awhile).
- white acrylic paint
- paint pens (orange, black, red, green). I bought a cheap set from Michael’s and they worked great.
- Paint the very top of your childs palm (around the base of the fingers) and all four of the fingers. Gently press onto the ornament and you should get something that looks like this:
- Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Using the black paint pen create a hat, buttons, mouth, and eyes. Allow paint to dry completely.
- Using the orange add a carrot nose.
- Now it’s time to get creative. I gave these snowmen a red scarf with green polka dots.
- Once the ornament has dried completely it is ready to hang on the tree.
This also makes a great gift idea. Just attach one of the printable tags below (you should be able to download the PDF file) with a ribbon and give as a gift to those special people in your life.