I made the most delicious breakfast casserole today, it will definitely go down as one of my favorite Whole 30 approved recipes, and I think we’ll be making it over and over again.
It’s full of flavor, and completely transforms your typical breakfast of eggs and sweet potatoes. Even better? Cook once and have breakfast for the entire week.
It uses Tessemae’s Southwest Ranch, you can find it on Amazon, their website or check your local Whole Foods. I didn’t have any but you could totally garnish with green onions, if desired.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- Tessemae's Southwest Ranch
- 1 pound ground pork
- taco seasoning (see recipe in post)
- 10 eggs
- 1 clove roasted garlic, minced
- ½ cup coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat your oven to 450. Toss the sweet potatoes in Southwest ranch, place on parchment paper on a rimmed baking sheet and cook for about 25 minutes (until tender)
- Meanwhile, brown the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat with taco seasoning and a little added water to make sure the taco seasoning mixes well, drain.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together mix together coconut milk, garlic, eggs, and salt and pepper.
- Grease a 9x13" pan.
- Transfer the cooked potatoes to the greased pan. Add sausage. Then pour the egg mixture evenly over the sausage and sweet potatoes.
- Turn the oven down to 350 and bake about 30 minutes, until casserole is set.
Use your favorite taco seasoning or try this recipe, I always make a big batch to use as needed.
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper