I had zero intentions of blogging tonight, but I made the most amazing Whole 30 and Paleo approved sauce and I knew if I didn’t blog about it right now that it would get put on the to-do list along with all the other posts the need to be written.
This could not wait. It is seriously delicious and it would work perfect as a dipping sauce or salad dressing or marinade. I was actually sad that I hadn’t planned tacos tonight when this came together like it did. I had to settle for sweet potato fries and plantain chips, but I have half of the batch left, so tacos are in our future!
And I plan on adding it to a batch of cauliflower rice and grilled chicken.
And I plan on using it as a sauce in burrito bowls.
You’re going to be using fresh jalepenos and for the love, try not to touch your face afterwards. It’s ridiculous that I’m even having to say that, but I made that mistake and it is no fun at all. Just a little helpful hint for you. I mention using 2 in the recipes, but mine were large and extremely hot, if your jalepenos are smaller and on the mild side, you can 4 to get more flavor.
Other than that, it’s so easy to put together and you’re going to be obsessed with the flavor. If you aren’t eating Whole30/Paleo, go grab a bag of tortilla chips and dive into this dip.
- 2 jalapenos, halved and seeded
- 2 cups loosely packed cilantro, no stems
- ½ cup coconut cream
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Add all ingredients except oil and vinegar to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Slowly add in the olive oil and vinegar while the food processor is still running.
- Allow the mixture to emulsify.
- Store extra in an airtight container in the refrigerator.